Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kubuntu Network Problems
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
teeemoy
I'm sorry but I'm quite new at this. I've just finished installing Kubuntu (KDE). Installation was quite easy. I finished setting up everything, hardware, software, and it worked just fine. I was able to connect to the net via router. I restarted a few times and everything worked just fine. Then I turned off the PC and went to sleep. When I woke up, I booted the damn thing and it couldn't detect the network interface anymore. I don't know what happened. As far as I know, nobody tampered with my PC. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Jim
Are you sure all you're cables are connected properly? Its a pretty rare thing for a device to just go missing.

Try running

sudo /etc/init.d/networking stop

then

sudo /etc/init.d/networking start

and post the output here.

I don't mean to insult you, but I am gonna guess that its a network cable or something somewhere. If not, the output from that should help us out.
teeemoy
no offense taken....like i said, i'm new at this....so i guess i'm still quite an idiot... biggrin.gif

anyway...yes all the cables are in quite nicely....the lan card lights up.....

i'm busy at the moment....i'll post the results soon....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.