Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mandriva LE2005
Linuxhelp > Support > Hardware Support
satuser083
I would like to insert a process at the point PRIOR to calling 'End Session', i.e. following Menu -> Logout in LE2005. Can anyone tell me where the process/script is, which is called at this stage, or point me to a site where I can read up on how this whole procedure works? Thanks.
DS2K3
In Mandriva 2006 (KDE 3.4) you can speciy programs to execute before KDE exits by going into the contrl centre ("configure your desktop"). Go into look/feel, and pcik system notifications. Use the drop-down list to pick "KDE System Notifications", and then pick "KDE is exiting". Click the "more options" button at the bottom of the window, and lo-and-behold there is a little box to put the cammand to execute in. It might not work quite like that in 2005LE though...

D
satuser083
Thanks, DS2K3, that looks just the job. smile.gif In LE2005 it's slightly different (for anyone else who may be listening and interested): there's no entry in MCC, but it IS available via Taskbar-Menu--> System--> Configuration--> KDE--> LookNFeel--> System Notifications. As you said, you then pick "KDE is exiting" from the drop-down list and click the "More Options" button at the bottom of the window. That all works. However, when I click "Show a message in a pop-up window", not only is there apparently no way of specifying WHICH message is to be shown, but it doesn't work on 'Restart Computer' either. At least, I've not been able to see anything displayed. Most strange.unsure.gif I'm probably specifying something incorrectly; I don't suppose that you've tried this feature (and solved the problem), have you?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.