Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Login Problem Due To Out Of Disk Space
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
satyaban
dear all,
we have linux based pc with Red Hat 9.0.It was working well. But now when we are booting upto login screen it is o.k. but when we are giving user name and password it is showing the following error.
"there is some installation problem or that you may be out of disk space , try logging in failsafe sessions to see if you can fix the problem" But by entering in the failsafe mode also it is coming back to the login screen. but when i will enter in text mode it is accepting the user name and password but it doesn't recognising the linux command such as ls,cp.mv.rm etc.
Please help me and give necessary suggession how can i login and proceed my work.
Jim
Are you logging into single user mode or are you just logging in without X?

My suggestestion is to get a good live CD and use that to poke around your drive. It seems like you have to opposite of a full drive, it seems like you are missing some key folders.

I couldn't tell you exactly what is going on, but if you get a live CD and get into your logs you should be able to figure something out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.