Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newb, Seeting Up Onboard Lan
Linuxhelp > Support > Hardware Support
spartacus944
Ok, I've never used Linux before and just put it on my comp today to mess around with and two things aren't working, the onboard sound and onboard LAN. I have a new Gigabyte K8N-SLI motherboard with an nForce4 chipset. I looked on the CD for drivers and think I found some, but it looks like I have to compile at least one of them, and it says to use Makefile. I don't know how to use this, so if someone can give me any information on what to do, that'd be great. Thanks.
Jim
usually when your compile there are three basic commands you need

./configure
make
make install

I don't know about your case, but for sure make is going to be needed. If you try to run make and you needed to run ./configure first it will tell you, and if you need to run make install after it should tell you that at the end too.

I am surprised your CD included drivers for Linux, but if you found them, go for it.
spartacus944
Yeah, the little readme or whatever it was said to use "make" but I don't know the command. I forget the exact filename, but let's say it's file.c. What would I type in the terminal to "make" this file?
Jim
make
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.