Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Darwin Stream Server Problem
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
tendonut
I am trying to point my Darwin Stream Server to the SDP file that is stored on a different hard drive, formatted as FAT32. I can access it no problem through the GUI and the terminal, but not through Darwin. It is mounted at /home/myname/D. In fact, when I try to access the myname subdirectory, it just kicks back a blank window, as if that directory was empty. There are 2 mount points and 2 local folders in that directory, and nothing shows up. Any ideas? I'm running Fedora Core 1.
Robert83
Hi,

well this might seem like I'm telling you to make your system insecure.

But since I think there might be something with premissions... and probably that Darwin software aint reporting back the error as it should be.

Why not write down what premissions does your /home/myname/D directory have.

And then after it allow everyone to rwx rwx rwx it. If it works, you can start working on premissions.

Which I think is the cause to your problem. If you say you can access that drive any other way. Maybe the server is running as some other user (probably) which aint got enough right to even access that file.

Sincerely
Robert B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.