Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mp3 Players
Linuxhelp > In The Community > General Discussion
Jim
I am talking about software here, not iPods. What do you guys use for listening to music on your machine? I hate xmms and I am looking for something with more features so lets here it. I want something that works more like iTunes than winamp. I need something that will manage my rather large library well and allow me to hone in on specific albums or artist better. So if you guys don't have a suggestion for me, I expect somebody to write me one quick.
Corey
amaroK (http://amarok.kde.org) is the BEST audio player for Linux. It is still a fairly new project but has already taken the audio scene by storm. Check it out, you will not be disappointed.
as2100
Yep! I'm going with Corey. amaroK is very nifty. It's been my choice for quite some time now.

I really recommend it.
DS2K3
Yep - Amarok is great. It indexes everything nicely and also integrates with services like Musicbrainz and amazon to suggest other artists/songs and download album covers.

D
Jim
ok, Amarak seems to have everything was looking for that xmms didn't have. Except there is one huge problem. I don't see any way in Amarak to just shuffle my whole library, and wile I want the functionality to do play list ansd such, I don't want to always have to create a play list when I want to listen to music. Or am I just missing how do to that?
DS2K3
"Playlist -> Shuffle" shuffles the playlist, or "Settings -> Random mode" gets it to pick a random song each time

D
Jim
No that wasn't the problem, I just could figure out how to make it go through my whole library, but I found that now, so I think AmaroK is a pretty pimp music player. Its for sure my favorite so far, and I woudl recomend it to friends.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.