Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triple Boot Nightmare
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
frodo44
Just yesterday I was running a stable w2k and rh8 dual boot system. When I had installed (the most recent time... I reinstall a lot) I had left 10 gig partition open to install w98 on later because it's nice, in some ways. It was not until after installing 98, though, that I realized that it rewrites the boot directory... leaving no record of your previous more important boot files, like grub or lilo. So I'm kind of in a rut and would like to know if anyone knows how to install grub or lilo without reinstalling linux? I've thought about the linux rescue disk, but that wouldn't help me if I don't know how to install grub. If anyone has the slightest idea it would be very helpful. I'm stuck in 98 (*shudders in contempt*). Anway, thanks for the help.
michaelk
I am not a grub user but to reinstall boot up linux using the rescue boot disk and the command is grub-install.
frodo44
OK, I have a slight problem that might impede me... my rescue disk doesn't work. But I can put in the install disks and go into rescue mode, so I'll try that. If that doesn't work I'll put up another post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.