Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Belkin F5d700 Wireless Card On Fedora Core 4
Linuxhelp > Support > Hardware Support
Ianb1972
I am new to linux and want to get away from MS Windows.

Can anyone help me with install my Belkin F5D700 wireless network card, I have downloaded ndiswrapper-1.4 and have all the files needed for the install and installed the Kernel-devel-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 but I am having a few problem.

In the Installation instructions I got from http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net it says to create a link use this command
ln -s /usr/src/linux-<kernel-version> /lib/modules/VERSION/build

Well I get an error saying it cant file the file, the Kernel I am using is 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4, and that is the <kernel-version> name I use.

I have extracted Ndiswrapper-1.4 and then I type 'Make distclean' all is fine till I type 'Make' then I get an error :

[Ian@localhost ndiswrapper-1.4]$ make
make -C driver
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/Ian/ndiswrapper-1.4/driver'
Can't find kernel sources in /lib/modules/2.6.11-1.1369_FC4smp/build;
give the path to kernel sources with KSRC=<path> argument to make
make[1]: *** [prereq_check] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Ian/ndiswrapper-1.4/driver'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Even when I change to the root (su -) I still get an error.

Can someone please help me as I really want to ditch my windows XP and get this Linux working 100%

Many thanks
Ian
DS2K3
You need to install the "kernel-source" package. Try running "yum install kernel-sources" (might not need the s on sources)

D
Ianb1972
I have typed Yum install kernel-source and yum install kernel-sources and even yum install kernel-devel and I get the same following error message with every entry of yum install:

[root@localhost ~]# yum install kernel-sources
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates-released
[root@localhost ~]# yum install kernel-source
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates-released

This is now driving me mad any ideas??

Ian
DS2K3
It's looking for the update-source. Just grab the RPM from rpm.pbone.net )make sure you get the one that matches your kernel) and install it using rpm -i name_of.rpm - It shouldnt have any deps

If it still doesnt work, then i'm not sure what it might be. I guess the kernel-devel might not match your kernel version proerly, or maybe there is a broken symlink. I dont use Fedora anymore...

D
Ianb1972
I am trying to install my belkin wireless network card using NDISWRAPPER-1.4 on my pentium 4 3ghx with hyperthreading

I have the driver and hardware present, and all is fine when I type depmod -a

But when I type modprobe ndiswrapper I get all this:
[root@localhost ~]# ndiswrapper -l
Installed ndis drivers:
bcmwl5 driver present, hardware present
[root@localhost ~]# depmod -a

[root@localhost ~]# modprobe ndiswrapper
FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.11-1.1369_FC4smp/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Invalid module format
[root@localhost ~

What is this Invalid module format?
Can anyone help me as this driving me crazy

Many thanks
Ian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.