Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mandrake 9.1 And Tulip
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
megeddo
hello all.any help with this would be great.
just installed mandrake 9.1 and i cant get internet connection.
i have a cable connection and a davidcom 100/10 fast ethernet card.
i used mandrake 8.1(bluebird i think) with this card and was able to use dmfe instead of tulip and it worked fine.
so i guess my question is how can i use dmfe instead of tulip in mandrake 9.1?it seems to want to use tulip no matter what i do(which is probably wrong).i have tried to do this in the mandrake control panel but no luck.
im sorry in advance if this post makes no sence to anyone.lol
cha0s
modprobe is your friend.
davicom 9102???
garbage in linux...go buy a realtek card...8 bucks.
megeddo
nevermind...i just installed mandrake 8.2...linux uses dmfe for the card..on the net now..all is good i guess
megeddo
ok..im trying mandrake 9.1 again..still the same problem,
i have davicom ethernet card and mandrake installs the tulip driver for it when i know it needs dmfe. in 8.2 i can install dmfe for the card from the mandrake control center but in 9.1 it simply will not install it. i have been trying for months (see the dates on my last post on this) and havent been able to get any help on this other than "buy a new card".so.....how the heck does one install the dmfe module in mandrake 9.1?someone must know the answer to this and it would be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks again
Joey
The module is probably already there in 9.1. Just use the modprobe command to activate it and then configure the nic.
megeddo
i just had to edit the /etc/modules.conf .....lol so simple yet so hard
Joey
Just curious, when you installed 8.1 did it properly configure the card for you?

If it's not configuring the card in 9.1 you should probably contact mandrake and let them know. They might have broke something etc.
megeddo
yup in bluebird it installed no problem...thats why i was confused on why it wasnt working
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.