Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Multiple Posting Problem
Linuxhelp > In The Community > General Discussion
Termina
Note: I regret that I am unable to put this in the staff forum (or another place a bit more private). Unfortuantely, I don't have access.

Anyone know if anything is happening with this problem? The last reply in the technical problem thread was almost a month ago.

It's getting frustrating to have pop-ads, this problem, and inactivity going on here. =/

Has Joey, or the other admin(s) gone over to the Invision forums and asked for help?

I've googled the problem (without having much information to work with), and it looks like they need to enable to 'mail' function. I'm surprised this wouldn't be enabled, since PHP usually has it by default. Looking a bit further, this seems to be relevent:

For the Mail functions to be available, PHP must have access to the sendmail binary on your system during compile time. If you use another mail program, such as qmail or postfix, be sure to use the appropriate sendmail wrappers that come with them. PHP will first look for sendmail in your PATH, and then in the following: /usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/etc:/etc:/usr/ucblib:/usr/lib. It's highly recommended to have sendmail available from your PATH. Also, the user that compiled PHP must have permission to access the sendmail binary.

Could Joey (or whoever has access to the server) please work on this, or give access to someone willing to work on this? I enjoy this community, but I find that I spend more time deleting multiple postings than answering questions.

Assuming they used Debian, they might want to remove the php binary package (if they used it), and compile it from source.
DS2K3
How come you can't get into the staff forum? I'll PM you the password if you need it

Sendmail might just be non-executable by the user Apache is running under.

And yeh, the popups suck :| - IMO, they are probably part of the reason it's getting dull around here, people just don't like popups.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.