Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weird Internet
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Millsy
I have suse Linux 9.1. I'm using a dlink DSL-G604T wireless router to connect to the internet. My computer is fisically attached to one of the routers ethernet ports and uses DHCP to get it's TCP/IP details. I have got firefox as well as konquerer for my browser but the error occurs on both of these. I seem to only be able to browse certain pages. Most pages includeing this one (which i have had to use a windows machine to access) don't load. To make this even weirder some times a page will load such as google.co.ukbut the majority of the time it wont in fact the only search engine i seem to have any look with is Ask.com. so as you can imagine surfing the web can be quite tricky. Does any one have any clue as to what is stopping web pages from opening when i boot my machine with Linux rather than Windows.
DS2K3
Do you get error messages? Or does the borwser jsut never actually display a page? Can you ping the sites you are trying to access when they dont work in the browser?

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.