Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ma111v2 Wifi Card Installation Problem
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Osiris
Hi there. Still setting up my new Slackware laptop, and need help once more.

I'm trying to get my wireless card, a Netgear MA111v2 USB card, to work, and I can't seem to get it right. I downloaded ndiswrapper and the drivers associated, and I installed the drivers into ndiswrapper... But still nothing. It seems I have no wlan0 device, and I can't figure out how to fix this. Here are some outputs of programs if it'll help:

#>ndiswrapper -l
Installed ndis drivers:
sis162u driver present

-----

#>lsmod
Module Size Used by Not tainted
ndiswrapper 150324 0
prism2_usb 67420 0 (unused)
p80211 24352 0 [prism2_usb]

-----

#>iwconfig
lo no wireless extensions.

eth0 no wireless extensions.

-----

#>iwconfig wlan0
wlan0 No such device

-----

Hope somebody can help.... I'm tired of sitting on the floor by my router! laugh.gif
Termina
ifconfig wlan0 up
iwconfig wlan0 up

Try those two commands, and see if it shows up under iwconfig or ifconfig.
as2100
Actually, it looks like either you've got the incorrect drivers, or you simply aren't picking up the wireless deice. After `ndiswrapper -l', ndiswrapper will usually return a message letting you know if the drivers are present with the correct hardware. Like:
#>ndiswrapper -l
Installed ndis drivers:
sis162u driver present, hardware present

The hardware not being detected sounds like a more likely issue. First thing: check if your USB controllers are being detected.
#>lspci -v |grep HCI

If so, what version are the controllers? If your wireless device and the controllers are 2 seperate versions, I've had trouble in the past getting 2.0 and 1.1 controllers/devices to work well together. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.