Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wireless Problem On Compaq R4100
Linuxhelp > Support > Hardware Support
callin_24_7@yahoo.com
Hey, i have installed linux on my compaq R4100 laptop. It workes fine except i am having problems setting up my wireless card. My ethernet card has an ethernet interface but i do not have a interface for my wireless card. So i can't use the wireless interface. Sorry if this is hard to understand i am newer to linux. I am using SUSE 10.0. Thank you for the help.
ollie90680
You haven't provided much to consider and I believe that you might get more replies taking this post to the Suse Forum or Wireless Forum. I am not familiar with the Compaq you mentioned. Is this a desktop or laptop? Are you using a PCMCIA card or PCI card? Is this a built-in WIFI adapter? Have you tried to setup wireless via Yast? If PCMCIA did you do cardctl ident as root in shell? You may need to use NDISwrapper if there aren't any drivers in linux for your chipset.

Suse is the best linux distro I have used and I have used Red Hat and Mandrake. Still do use Mandrake and also Suse. You will really enjoy Suse and it has so much to offer. Yast is a great tool for setting up your system.

Open Yast, click on Network Devices, then Network Cards, then configure. Maybe that will set it up for you. Also, have you found Kwifimanager?

Best of luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.