Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slackware 10.2
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Lariadus
when linux installation boots from the cd and it askes you to choose how you want to boot i type sata.i.

this worked the first time but then during the installation there was an error with the lilo installation. from there i restarted the computer with the linux disk in the drive and again i chose sata.i for the boot type. but this time i couldnt access the partition table with cfdisk. i put in my windows 2k disk and booted from it and it let me delete all the partitions and i formatted and install 2k with no problems but linux still wont let me access the partition table. what do i do? i really want to install Slackware 10.2

there was an error when it was loading though it said: ATA: abnormal status 0x7F on Port 0xEA07
Ata2: disabling port
Termina
Could you please tell us about your system hardware?

Are you sure you have a SATA drive? (I find it hard to believe that Windows2k would have your SATA drivers included with it)

What kind of controller are you using, if you are using SATA? Onboard, or a PCI one? What's the chipset?

More information would be most helpful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.