Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Resolution Is Out Of Range
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
rooster33
hey guys, a newbie here. just installed mandriva 10.2 and upon reboot, i get a message (from the monitor) that the resolution is "out of range". i have reinstalled mandriva a few times, trying different settings for the monitor. and i've tried running xfdrake from failsafe mode with no luck on many settings. i can set to 1024 768 on windows with no probs. its a kds monitor and radeon card. any clues?
Termina
How long have you waited? If you can get through the install just fine, I find it hard to believe that your monitor wouldn't be detected upon reboot. =)

Maybe (either the install, or you) set your resolution too high during the install (it usually asks you what you'd like your resolution to be).

To solve this, either reinstall and try 800x600 (just until you get your monitor and video card set up and working well), or edit /etc/X11/XF86Config (or /etc/X11/xorg.conf) and change the default resolution (will probably be near the bottom of the file).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.