Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ssh Programs Shutting Down
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
eraser2099
Yea i am running gamming servers of of the ssh consol when we log in and start the server it works fine as long as we stay logged in to ssh when we disconnect it shuts down the game the crazy thing is is i have another one running and it doesnot disconnect the only thing different is it is assigned a differnet port we have tried several different ports and this does not seem to be the solution any help would be greatly appreciated
michaelk
Are you running the same game on both servers? Are they configured differently? Using a different port will not prevent the game from shutting down. daemons will run without being connected to a terminal but regular programs will not. You can use the screen utility to keep the game running.
DS2K3
When you start the daemon, try adding a "&" (ampersand) after the command, eg "game_Server &" to force it into the background

D
michaelk
I believe that a job even in the background will still close when you exit. The other method besides screen is starting via nohup.
eraser2099
to the person that told me to add the & sign to the end of the command worked i thank you for a quick response
michaelk
sad.gif I stand corrected....
DS2K3
smile.gif You learn something new everyday...

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.