Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help Older Computer
Linuxhelp > In The Community > General Discussion
richard_g77396
I have inquried an older compaq presario cds 633 with a weird soundcard/scsicard in ISA I have parted my hard drive on a pc that boots from cd-rom and installed the base system (debian 3.0) I was wondering what would be that best linux dist to install on such an old computer.. I want to use it as internet router and mail server and install x-windows... I have searched the net for hours and still not found any dists that would meet the requirements. I have use caldraopenlinux years ago on a simaler pc... is the computer just too old or do i need to enter in some commands to get the scsi cd-rom to work... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Please Help....
michaelk
Without additional details like what is the make/model of the sound card it will be difficult to provide specific information. I suspect it is a Sound Blaster card which has something like an Adaptec 1502? SCSI controller. You probably need to add a kernel boot option but we need to know the SCSI controller model.

I suggest trying Slackware.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.