Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Squirrelmail
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
jaycas
Hi,

I am trying to setup an email server on Fedora Core 4. I Installed squirrelmail and dovecot as the imap server. I think i configured everything correctly but the dovecot server refuses to start. Anytime i try to start it is fails. That is the probably the reason when i try to log into the squirrelmail i get an error:

ERROR
Error connecting to IMAP server: localhost.
13 : Permission denied

Perhaps someone could assist me in getting this email server up and running.

Thanks
DS2K3
What error message do you get when you try and start dovecot?

D
jaycas
It tells me that the Dovecot service failed to load. When i go into Services and try to start it it says FAILED[B]
esaucedo
QUOTE (jaycas @ Sep 23 2005, 11:22 AM)
It tells me that the Dovecot service failed to load. When i go into Services and try to start it it says FAILED[B]

Edit the file /etc/dovecot.conf, and change the next

# No tenemos SSL
ssl_disable = yes

restart dovecot
esaucedo
<!--QuoteBegin--jaycas+Sep 23 2005, 11:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (jaycas @ Sep 23 2005, 11:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It tells me that the Dovecot service failed to load. When i go into Services and try to start it it says FAILED[B] <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Edit the file /etc/dovecot.conf, and change the next:

# No SSL
ssl_disable = yes

and restart dovecot

I do, but follow whith the problem, what I can do?; and the dovecot is running
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.