Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Linux Help. I Broke Somthing
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
th30wn4g3
welps. i decided to install fedora core on a different hard drive, all goes well but when i rebooted it only kept on rebooting continously when it got to the bootloader, so i says to myself has to be the boot loader, so i install a smaller version of FC3 (not knowing fc4 was released) once it finished after boot i see the boot loader but it looks distorted, and it wont load saying something about executable type and i cant load xp or fc3, everything goes to shit from there. so then try installing redhat 9 hoping for a good install but it didnt work. then i installed phlak onto the harddrive in hopes of a new boot loader. well i got a new bootloader but it jus went back to the rebooting thing again. continuously rebooting. now i cant even run a installer for any version. btw i downloaded fc4 and tried that but i think i fragged something pretty good and it gets stuck at a unfamiliar loading screen. please helpp?!?!?!?! btw im a newb to the linux world
Corey
Wow, this is a lot of problems. I'm not quite sure what the issue is. Where is the hard drive located to on the IDE chain? Primary Master/Primary slave/Secondary master/secondary slave?

What system are you installing this on? Desktop? Laptop? Specs?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.