Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Internet Conection Setup
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
boonybooni
im posting for the first time, i want to switch fromm windows xp to linux. my only problem is that i'm nervous about setting up internet connection becouse for xp it uses a small program in which i type a log in name and a password to connect, when connected it opens IE6 and internet starts working. i live in chine and my dsl provider dose'nt have a version for linux, so i'm confused. i'll be really greatfull if someone can help
michaelk
It depends on the type of DSL connection you are using. It could be pppoe or pppoa. linux supports both so you shouldn't have any problems.

Have you decided on a linux distribution to install yet?
boonybooni
thanx alot for ur reply, i'm thinking of using redhat but i'm not sure. i'm still learning about linux, i cant figure out how to install programs, any recomendations where i can learn? i'd be greatful
JCoyne
You may want to look at Kill Bill. It's a live install, meaning you can boot the CD and try linux without having to change your windows install. It has the ability to run many Windows applications natively in Linux.

http://slax.linux-live.org/download.php
boonybooni
thank u so much for ur advice, i'll try it out.cheers mate!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.