Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lost Monitor Under Suse 9
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
peanut
Hi !

Today is my first attempt at Linux.
I loaded a SuSE 9 on my computer on a new removable disk, as I did not want to compromise my Windows system (on another removable disk).

Everything went fine (even if I still wonder why my DSL connection has not been detected - anyway it works fine !?!) and I get a brand new Linux system, with a KDe desktop.
One little problem : the desktop seemed to expand a bit outside the screen limits and after the start-up, I had a message about my display not sending some info. I tried to change the characteristics of my display (and sure enough, my Daewoo LCD17ACM was not listed So I entered its characteristics to create a custom displat.
The test was OK. But somehow I have made a mistake, because after a reboot, I no longer have anything on my screen .......

So I put my windows' disk back in my computer, and came here to cry for HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can reboot on the SuSE CD and enter a RESCUE mode. Then I am under bash....and then .... what can I do to recover from my display problem ????

Or should I completly re-install Li_nux ???

Any idea welcome...

TIA

Alain
DS2K3
Doesnt your monitor have little knobs that let you adjust the alignment? Different drivers dispaly slightly differently, but it doesnt mean its the wrong driver for your card.

Boot normally and run "xorgconfig" from the command line (as root)

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.