Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pcmcia Kernel Lockup
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
oxygn21
I recently installed susi 8.1 professional on my computer. I have been trying to get the wireless internet up snd running but I am having some trouble. I have a desktop with an sis530 motherboard and an amdk6 processor. I am useing a TI pci card controller and a orinoco silver card. I plug everything in and the computer goes through hotplugging just fine, then the PCMCIA kernel starts, I get 2 beeps from the card then everything locks up. I can't even get out of it with cnrl/break. I have checked the bios for a place to turn off plug and play bios but there is none. I also turned the pnp/pci resources controled by: auto -- to manual. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
oxygn21
Alright, I solved my problem, but for future reference I ended up changing the kernel from the internal kernel to the external kernel. I found they are pretty close to the same and it seems to work well. Now I just need to figure out how to run my internet through it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.