Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technical Problem
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Jim
We are currently experiencing a technical problem that results in multiple postings. If you are attempting to post a new topic and you receive an error, please verify that it did not add that topic before attempting to submit again.

Even though it gave you an error, it likely posted it anyways. This has resulted in multiple postings at no fault to the user. Thanks for helping us out wile we try to fix this problem. And if anybody has any ideas why this would be happening we are open to suggestions.
Jim
And of course, what happened when I tried to post this? It gave me an error, BUT it did add the topic. Figures.
DS2K3
Jim - Can we change the error message so that people dont try and resubmit? There seems to be a certain unwillingness to read stickies...

D
DS2K3
In BIG BIG BIG red letters...
Jim
D, I don't have access to the server set up. I need Joey in order to do anything, and I don't know where he is.
Termina
Sounds like a problem I had with phpBB2.

Are you using the version of php (4.x or 5.x) that you had on the old server?

Or maybe a problem with your smtp settings in whatever configure file this forum uses?
Termina
QUOTE (Jim @ Aug 23 2005, 11:45 AM)
D, I don't have access to the server set up. I need Joey in order to do anything, and I don't know where he is.

The problem is obviously still happening. Every day I'm seeing 2 or 3 people who make 4+ threads by accident.

Have you contacted Joey yet?

Mail Error!

Could not sent the email
Failed at 'mail' command

You're obviously missing something. Does this forum actually need the 'mail' program installed? If so, maybe you should install it. smile.gif

Otherwise, probably a problem with PHP. (what version of PHP did you have, and which are you using now?)
Corey
I don't think this is phpBB related. I've been noticing another problem over the last few months that I think is causing these "multiple" posts.

If you try and access any part of the linuxhelp.net site, sometimes you get the "Contacting Linuxhelp.net" in your browser window for a while, then it times out. But the next time you get the normal "Waiting for reply". I've notice this happens about once every 7-8 hits to the domain. I'm not sure exactly what is causing this, and it has happened over multiple versions of phpBB and multiple versions of Apache and even different distributions.

The only thing i can think of is a problem with DNS or connectivity. When you get this "Contacting...." on a post submit, it will timeout and then catch up and say there was an error.

I'll notify joey and see if we can figure out what the problem is.
Termina
QUOTE (Corey @ Sep 20 2005, 12:26 PM)
I don't think this is phpBB related. I've been noticing another problem over the last few months that I think is causing these "multiple" posts.

If you try and access any part of the linuxhelp.net site, sometimes you get the "Contacting Linuxhelp.net" in your browser window for a while, then it times out. But the next time you get the normal "Waiting for reply". I've notice this happens about once every 7-8 hits to the domain. I'm not sure exactly what is causing this, and it has happened over multiple versions of phpBB and multiple versions of Apache and even different distributions.

The only thing i can think of is a problem with DNS or connectivity. When you get this "Contacting...." on a post submit, it will timeout and then catch up and say there was an error.

I'll notify joey and see if we can figure out what the problem is.

I didn't say it was a phpBB problem, just that it was similar to one I had with phpBB2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.