Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where's My Sound?
Linuxhelp > Support > Hardware Support
AlphaOmega
OK, i'll admit i'm almost a complete Linux noob here, so don't hit me biggrin.gif !
I've installed SuSE Linux 9.2 and all my hardware IS functioning, except my sound.
Apparently the device is installed and functioning but it's not working (btw, sound card is SB Live!)
I plugged headphones into the jack and yeah, i get sound, but its not playing through my speakers.
I've got creative inspire 5.1 (version: Digital 5700) surround sound speakers is this a problem with linux/the drivers/or me? i COULD plug normal speakers in but i've got a dual boot system with windows xp professional and i don't really want to have to switch around speakers everytime i change OS, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the long post wink.gif
matt
Try typing alsamixer in a terminal. It could be something simple as your sound card being muted or a switch not selected. use space to mute or unmute a channel or switch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.