Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mozilla Firefox Hijacked
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
fyodorovich
When using Mozilla, attempts to visit my homepage (news.bbc.co.uk) redirect me to IK.NU Networking, a page belonging to Free BSD enthusiasts with lousy spelling skills and no sense of aesthetics. No doubt a poor example of the demographic. How do I undo this? Less pressingly but just as importantly, how did this happen? I had just opened the Imendio RSS reader for the first time, is all I can think of. Just loaded SuSE 9.3 yesterday, and having difficulties.
DS2K3
Does it only happen in firefox? If so, try uninstalling all your extensions.

D
fyodorovich
Yeah, just Mozilla. Konqueror works fine. How do I uninstall extensions?

M.
DS2K3
Tools -> Extensions

Click on tee extension you want to uninstall, and press the uninstall button (that is assuming you ahve any).

If not, then you could try deleting (or renaming to something else) your mozilla profile, whcih you caa do by deleting the ".mozilla" (the . amkes it hidden) directory in your home directory

D
Termina
QUOTE (fyodorovich @ Jul 29 2005, 03:57 PM)
When using Mozilla, attempts to visit my homepage (news.bbc.co.uk) redirect me to IK.NU Networking, a page belonging to Free BSD enthusiasts with lousy spelling skills and no sense of aesthetics. No doubt a poor example of the demographic. How do I undo this? Less pressingly but just as importantly, how did this happen? I had just opened the Imendio RSS reader for the first time, is all I can think of. Just loaded SuSE 9.3 yesterday, and having difficulties.

This might be a silly question, but you *have* gone to Preferences and changed your homepage, havn't you?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.