Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loading .exe Programs
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Roger
I am running Kubuntu and as a complete newbie I am stuck. On the same dvd as the installation iso, (Which worked just fine) there was the program Pixel 32, a competitor for Photoshop and Gimp.
I have the programme on my desktop and in /usr/bin but I can not get it to install.
It is an .exe file, not a tar, deb, or rpm. What is the procedure for this type of prog?

Thanks for any advice,

Roger mad.gif
docmur
Okay well first off you need to know the kubuntu uses .deb files because it is a run off of debian. The .exe file is a exucuable file which Windows uses therefore nativily you can not a .exe file in kubuntu. However there is a program called Wine which emulates a windows file structor. Wine allows many .exe files to run but not all of them. Um if kubuntu comes with Wine the you can try to run it but other wise there is no way to run your .exe file.

Thanks DOCMUR
Roger
Thanks Docmur,
Now I do feel stupid, but I was fooled by it being supplied on a Linux distro dvd!

Roger ph34r.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.