Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting Sound To Work
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
jdevine420
I just installed Mandrake 10.1 last night and it detected my onboard soundcard as default. I also have a creative soundblaster audigy 2 which is what my speakers are connected to. I went into my bios and disabled the onboard sound but the soundblaster card still isnt working. It shows the driver being emu10k2 but no sound is going through the speakers. Could somebody please help me with the drivers in linux, I'm new.
Corey
You may need to check your mixer settings. I'm not familier with Mandrake at all, but scan the menus (probably in a multimedia section of some sort), for the sound mixer and ensure that the volume for things like "Master", "PCM", etc. are turned up and un-muted.

As well, you might want to check the Mandrake Control Center for a sound card section and try to adjust/test audio in there.
DS2K3
You can type "alsamixer" into a command-prompt (eg "konsole" or "xterm", or just press alt-F1) to get at the ALSA mixer, but there shoiuld be one under multimedia -> sound (If you're using KDE, then "Kmix" should be there)

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.