Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suse 9.3 Network Browsing
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
pcmdofkc
Just installed Suse 9.3/KDE 3.4 on my Inspiron 4000, dual boot with XP Pro. Installation was easy and quickly established network connectivity with an Atheros tri-band pcmcia card and netgear ethernet pcmcia card. Network browsing icon is missing from the desktop. Setup samba client and can see my workgroup with smb://workgroup but cannot see any network workstations (various flavors of Windows including 98SE, 2000 pro and server, and XP Home and Pro). Downloaded and installed KDEnetwork-LISa module. In System Services (Runlevel) lisa is now in the list but when I try to enable lisa, I first get a message "boot.clock" must be started first, click continue, boot.clock appears to start but "starting lisa" hangs (tried to start lisa last night, still not started this morning). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Any ideas on turning off the tap feature of the synaptics touchpad would also be REALLY appreciated..hate that darn thing!
pcmdofkc
Surely someone knows why the network icon and kdenetwork3-lisa is missing from Suse9.3...anybody?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.