Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! Screwy Monitor
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
uberpatzer
New linux user, long time windows user. Anyway, started up my redhat linux today, everything was fine during the boot process, but when the gui started up, the monitor was displaying the image three times, each shifted over about a third of the screen horizontaly. It wasn't doing this when I connected the monitor to a different computer yesterday. Is this a known bug of some type? Or could someone at least direct me to the monitor/video card controls in redhat so I can try to fix it? I can't seem to find the monitor settings. Help! Please! Thank you.
Termina
It's trying to start at too high of a resolution.

Try pressing "control alt -" at the same time, which should reduce the resolution.

Otherwise, control alt F2, and type 'vi /etc/X11/XF86Config' and change your monitors horizontal and verticle refresh rates (can be found on monitor manual, monitor website, sometimes on the monitor itself). Then go back to 'control alt F7' and press 'control alt backspace'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.