Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems Installing Fedora Core 4
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
madcitysw
I am still having the same problem as I did when I burned my own copy before I had order a set from ebay. I was wondering if you know what may be the problem. I had Red Hat Linux 9 installed and I trying to install the Fedora Core 4 into the system. When you put the CD #1 in the drive and reboot, it never gets to the DISC check where it checks to see if the CD is not corrurt. It reports an error like something about RAM DISC and halts. I don’t have problems with the Red Hat Linux 9, but for odd reasons I do with Fedora Core. Can you help me?

Here a spec on my new computer:

EMachines T3882
335 Intel Celeron D
No Floppy Drive
80GB HD
256MB DDR RAM

OK i getting somewhere, but I don't really know what to do, it something about not finding a HD so that it can put the RAM DISK in. Here an ex of what error i was getting

VFS: Cannot open root device "LABEL=/" or 00:00
Pleas append a correct "root=" boot option
Kernal panic: VFS :Unable to mount root fs on 00:00

this is not what it shows on my screen, but it like it. So it something to do with root= , but I installing it from a cd. I try somethings like root=/hda and still failed.

I have tested the CDs on two other computers and they work just fone, so it not corruted cds or anything like that.

At this time there are no partions. Just a blank HD.
DS2K3
try, root=/dev/hda1

What kind of HD do you have? (IDE, SATA etc)

D
madcitysw
Thx for your help, I had alot of help in differents forums and nothing seems to get Fedora to work right on my system or gave up and installed slackware into the system and works great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.