Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New To Linux
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
fedUPwithWindows
Iam currently begining the migration to Linux. I've ran windows my entire life and iam just fed up. I need to find a linux distro that is easy to install and has high hardware compatability. I know virtualy nothing about linux and have no idea even where to start any help anyone could give me would be a saving grace.
Corey
Check out this previous forum post for information

As well, check out Distrowatch.com and read some reviews on different distributions. On the right side of the page you'll see a list of the top distributions (according to page hits), check out each one of those and read reviews on them to see if they're suitable for you or not. You definitly need to do a bit of research before diving in. It's almost like buying a car smile.gif If you have any specific questions, let us know.
afty8
hi i'm also new to linux. I decided on using MandrivaLinux (mandraklinux) Limited edition 2k5. I heard it was very user friendly OS and great for first-timers. I just have one question (so far): Should I586 or x86 be used with a Pentium 4?

Thanks for any help

-afty
DS2K3
x86/i586

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.