Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Linux Instalation Problems..
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
take_me_to_next_level
I am trying to install Mandriva..
The thing is that i have my dvdreader on raid and it doesnt recognize my dvd after it boots on it
when i have to press enter to install it says there isnt no cdrom drive even if he booted on it..
So it works with the dvd till i hit enter to install.. when it says it doenst see any cdrom drive, it lets me choose between install from ftp http and hard disk with an iso image..
So i putted the iso image of the dvd in a folder and told it to the installation, but it says it doesnt recognize the iso as the good one. So i extracted the iso in a folder.. Telling the installation.. it says it doesnt find the folder /install/stage2 .. but it is.. and i told him the exact path..
What can i do now..............................?

______________________________________________________________Romanian translation:
Ma poate ajuta un cunoscator bun?

Incerc sa installez Mandriva...
Chestia e ca eu am dvdreaderul pe raid si nu imi recunoaste dvdul in instalare..
Merge cu dvdul pana cand sa dau enter ca sa installez... cand imi zice ca nu vede dvdu si sa instalez sau prin http ftp sau hard drive cu imagine..

Eu am pus pe hard imaginea dvdului..si zice ca nu o recunoaste..
Am extractat imaginea iso in un folder.. nici..
CE sa fac?
take_me_to_next_level
well in simplified. i need to know how to make the installation work from a hard drive (with iso or else)
DS2K3
hmmmmmmmmm - I know how you would mount the ISO - but not how you would then install from it

I gues it's a start though (I'll assume your Windows parition with the iso on is /dev/hda1, and also FAT. If its NTFSm just use "ntfs" isntead of "vfat")

CODE
mkdir /mnt/windows
mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows
mkdir /mnt/iso
mount -o loop -t iso9660 /mnt/windows/path/to/file.iso /mnt/iso

You should then end up with the ISO mounted at /mnt/iso

I dont know if /mnt exists in the installation environment though, so it might be a shot in the dark.

It would be a lot easier just to plug the CD into a normal IDE connector, also more liekly to work after install.

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.