Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Serious Dual Boot Help.
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
ahurkonov
Here's the deal. I'm running an iBook g4, and I have an external HDD. I want to install Ubuntu linux on the external HDD. I have searched google up, and down. There are some articles that seem to deal with problem, but nothing that can help me completely. I need some serious help here! If anyone has the time, I could really use a step-by-step process... If I get it installed on the external, how will I boot linux from the external? this is my main question. Partitioning the external is a big question of mine also. How many partitions should I use? How big?

I'm sorry if I'm being a pain in the ass, but I really, really have tried to this on my own. But I'm scared crapless that I'm gonna fry either my iBook HDD or my external, and replacing the data and settings would take a good chunk of time.

ANY help appreciated!
DS2K3
Well, make a backup first. Always make a backup before you try doing anything. Really, you should backup every couple of weeks anyway.

Not sure how you would go about installing Ubuntu though, since a) I have never isntalled to an external drive and cool.gif I have never used a mac. I know some people round here have macs though, so maybe they will be able to help.

Good Luck

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.