Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Secure Mail (pop And Imap)
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Rathish
I am trying to configure the pop and imap with ssl (pop3s and imaps with sendmail) but iam not getting successful. Iam using RHEL-3. can you help me with this configuration.

I tried to configure sendmail without ssl and it works fine. i tried to configure imaps and pop3s, and it stops working. The client gives me a message saying that the server is not configured as a secure server.

i have installed the openssl rpm, imap2002 rpm, sendmail.cf rpm. I have edited the configuration files but iam unsuccessful.I need some advice about how i can configure secure pop and imap.

Thanks in advance,
Rathish.K
DS2K3
Secure IMAP/POP runs on a different port to the non-secure version. Make sure the client is connecting to the right port. Also, can you open a connection using a telnet client to ip.of.mail.server:port_no ?

D
Rathish
Hi,
i edited the conf files for the secure pop and imap and made sure that the services are up and running.... I think that there is a small problem somewhere. Can you guide me, regarding where i can get the information regarding configuring the secure pop and imap.....

Thanks,
Rathish.K
DS2K3
Are you using the UW-Imap packages? I hhave never needed to configure them (other than enabling them in Xinetd), they normally just work.

Can you open a telnet session to ip.of.mail.server port 993?

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.