Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dhcp (dynamicdns,failover), Centos 4.0?
Linuxhelp > In The Community > General Discussion
ethan
Can some one explain how is the implementation?as i am confuse with it.Especially the dns part,is it the router also the dns server?and if yes, how to configure the router part?i am really confuse, would really appreciate if some one really can help.Thanks in advance
Robert83
Hi,

okay allow me to clear it up for you see the beggining of the tutorial ... 192.168.10.2 is the dns server, router.

and setting up a router is as simple as this : (check it out smile.gif )

add for example 3 interfaces

eth0 192.168.0.250
eth1 192.168.1.250
eth2 192.168.10.1

blaaa
CODE
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/forward

you can put this into your /etc/rc.d/rc.local file so it executes on startup... and you've got a router

and this computer if configured on a client computer as gw will route traffic to all the above subnets by default

so if you are 192.168.0.25 in this network and gateway is 192.168.0.250
you'll be able to "see" all computers in the 192.168.1.x and 192.168.10.x network. ("see" = able to ping it...but unless samba is configured so you are not able to see them in network neighbourhood).

Please consider reading www.tldp.org
Advanced Routing Howto for aditional details (and don't worry it starts really simple with very understandable example)

feel free to ask

Sincerely
Robert B
ethan
Thanks for the fast respone. I am looking at it now.Hopefully i can make it work soon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.