Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mandriva (mandrake 10.1) Java Sdk Help
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
kron
Hi all
I am not new to mandrake, first played with it at 9.1, loved it. Now installed 10.1 on a latitude laptop, lovely runner, but when I try to install the java sdk, 1.4.2 I get told about a problem with libstdc something missing. When I install 1.3.1 it installs ok but when I try to run a java command I get the follwoing:
[mark@localhost mark]$ /usr/java/jdk1.3.1/bin/java -version
/usr/java/jdk1.3.1/bin/i386/native_threads/java: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object No such file or directory
[mark@localhost mark]$

any ideas what is missing? I have been through rpmdrake and installed all the libc I think I need but this is bugging me. I am about to try to install java on a desktop running the same software to see if this is any different, but i don't see why it should be.
Thanks in advance

As I thought, other machine is similar, this time with installing j2ee:

[mark@localhost ~]$ ./j2eesdk-1_4-linux.bin
./j2eesdk-1_4-linux.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object No such file or directory
[mark@localhost ~]$

same if I am root or myself.

p.s.
I did wonder if it is something as simple as symbolic links to wrong libraries or something. What do you think?
Ta
Mark
DS2K3
Go into the control panel, then use the "install software" to isntall libstdc++ (use the search box)

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.