Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Internet Connection On Linux Pc In Xp Environment.
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
dew
My network has windows XP as the server. I have 15 Windows XP machines & 10 LINUX machines.

Have a broad band connection & connection to other networked machine is through router.

All the machines(LINUX & XP) ping with each other. My server has an ip 192.168.0.100. A software runs on it which is accessed by the other machines with the ip address. (intranet). From Linux I can access the intranet pages.

But now 4 LINUX machines will be used for net surfing. How will I do it ?

Please help !!!!! Its urgent.

Thanks in advance.
michaelk
Configure the linux PCs to use the router at its gateway.
Are you using static IPs or DHCP?

If DHCP is not providing DNS then you will need to add the nameserver IP address to the /etc/resolv.conf file.
dew
DHCP is providing the ip addressses. But it didn't provide any DNS server address.

U have asked to add the DNS servers in resolv.conf but how to know the dns servers addresses ?
Robert83
Hi,

the easy way would be to sit in front of one of em xp machine that is working ok with the net.

type at the command promt

ipconfig /all

and then write down the dns server ip address , and use that in /etc/resolv.conf on the linux machine.

Sincerely
Robert B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.