Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mozilla-thunderbird, Vmware And Acroread7 On Le200
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
zhuqing8027
I just upgraded to Mandrivalinux Limited Edition 2005 on my desktop, and there are some problems I met. I installed vmware workstation 5.0 and mozilla-thunderbird but neither of them works.
For mozilla-thunderbird the program cannot be started, and the error message was
*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x08ee8ec0 ***
thunderbird/run-mozilla.sh: line 159: 2517 Aborted "$prog" ${1+"$@"}".

For vmware workstation the program can be started but it froze there and have no response at all, the error message was
*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x08eb0660 ***
NOT_REACHED /build/mts/release/bora-13124/bora/apps/vmuiLinux/sig_vmui.c:390

Finally I even cannot use the acroread7 built in LE2005. Every time I type "acroread7" on command line the program start and shut down immediately.

I think all these problem are kind of related, but I don't know how to do with it. So does anyone have some ideas of these problems? Any suggestions will be helpful and appreciated.
Hemant
THe problem with Acrobat 7.0 could be...locale problem.

JUst add following lines to your .bashrc file
CODE
LANG="C"
export LANG

and re-login.After that it should work.

As for VM-ware and thunderword,i think re-installing may fix the problem.
zhuqing8027
Thanks, I will try the suggestion for acroread. But I have reinstalled vmware and thunderbird several times, but still cannot work properly, so any new suggestions?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.