Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mouse Issues In Fedora
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
ATimson
I'm having issues with my mouse (USB) in X under Fedora Core 3. Every so often--about once an hour, but I've had it wait as long as several hours or as little as five seconds before repeating--my mouse cursor will freeze. Ctrl+Alt+F1 to a terminal screen and back to X will fix the problem temporarily, but I have yet to find a permanent solution.

I don't have a bloody clue what's causing it. I don't have KDE installed (and wouldn't know how to switch to it even if I did) to see if that's the problem. Nor do I have a PS/2 mouse I could try. This also happened to me under FC2 as well--and I reformatted before installing FC3, so it's not something being carried over.

Does anybody have any ideas what could be causing this? Or some troubleshooting steps to offer to help figure out where the problem is?
DS2K3
My sisters used to do that when the system probed the USB ports (for isntance when opening the hardware manager to view devices). It was solvable by unplugging the mouse, and the plugging it in again. Got her a USB->PS/2 converter and it works fine.

D
ATimson
I'll have to try that once I'm home for the summer, since I already have one, just not with me. Thanks. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.