Hello all.

I'm trying to get MozillaFirefox 0.10.0-14 (x86_64) + java-1_4_2-sun-plugin (x86_64) to work. I have installed my system using YaST, and installed the following java packages:

java-1_4_2-sun
java-1_4_2-sun-alsa
java-1_4_2-sun-devel
java-1_4_2-sun-plugin

as well as Firefox. The plugin seems to have been installed properly as it works fine for Konqueror, just not Firefox.

Also, I've tried symlinking to the plugin from the Firefox plugins directory, as per the instructions given here (and widely elsewhere), but then I get the following when I try to start firefox:

CODE
warpster@linux:~> firefox
MozPlugger: Failed to execute m4.
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library libXt.so [libXt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6 [/usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library libXext.so [libXext.so: cannot open shared object file:No such file or directory]
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6 [/usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
Segmentation fault

I checked and these files do exist (at least the ones for which it gives a complete path... not sure where it's looking for the other ones). The same happens when linking to a few different versions of the plugin, including sun 1.5.

This machine was setup using the SuSE 9.2 DVD, and is an AMD Athlon 2800+. I'll be happy to provide further info should it be necessary.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much,

:: warpster ::