Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Personal Information Manager
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
HelpHound
I am currently using Microsoft OS's and applications on my network but have begun to experiment with Linux software.
A descision has yet to be made on the distro to be used but the one MS application that I use constantly is Outlook 2003. This is mainly used for Contacts, Calendar and email.
Can anyone please suggest the best open source software to use as a replacement?
Corey
There are several of applications available for linux that could easily be a drop-in replacement for Outlook. The most popular, and probably the most polished is Ximian Evolution which has support for Exchange 2000/2003 servers, Groupwise, LDAP, etc. Evolution is now being developed by Novell and is called "Novell Evolution". This should be what you're looking for.

Another application that is available is the Kontact suite for KDE. It includes Mail, Addressbook, Contacts, Notes, Calendering, etc. This is what i usually use. I am unsure at the moment if Exchange compatibility is available for it because i have not tried before, either way, if you use KDE primarily, this could be a nice fit.
HelpHound
Many thanks Corey, your help is appreciated, I shall follow up your suggestions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.