Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pop And Imap With Ssl
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Rathish
I am trying to configure the pop and imap with ssl (pop3s and imaps with sendmail) but iam not getting successful. Iam using redhat 9. can you help me with this configuration.

I tried to configure sendmail without ssl and it works fine. i tried to configure imaps and pop3s, and it stops working. The client gives me a message saying that the server is not configured as a secure server.

i have installed the openssl rpm, imap2002 rpm, sendmail.cf rpm. I have edited the configuration files but iam unsuccessful.I need some advice about how i can configure secure pop and imap.

Thanks in advance,
Rathish
DS2K3
So what wont it do? (Anything?)

How did you inttall the software?

Aslo, it isnt a good idea to post your email address on forums. Firstly, it leaves it open to SPAM bots, secondly, and advice you are given via email, cant be used as a reference by other people.

D
Rathish
QUOTE (DS2K3 @ Apr 4 2005, 09:54 AM)
So what wont it do? (Anything?)

How did you inttall the software?

Aslo, it isnt a good idea to post your email address on forums. Firstly, it leaves it open to SPAM bots, secondly, and advice you are given via email, cant be used as a reference by other people.

D

i have installed the openssl rpm, imap2002 rpm, sendmail.cf rpm. I have edited the configuration files but iam unsuccessful.I need some advice about how i can configure secure pop and imap.

I made disable property in imap(/ to yes. I edited the /etc/xinetd.d/imaps and put the disable to no. I restarted the xinetd by "service xinetd restart".

I have tried to create a certificate and it asked me a few questions. I filled up every thing and in the end i tried to send mails using a client comp(after making the setting to always secure), it did not work. It says that the server is not having he settings to be a secure server. I try sending mails in non secure way and it works.

Please help me with this issue so that i will be able to configure the secure sendmail.

Thanks a lot,
Rathish.k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.