Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't Run Sim City 300 For Linux
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
docmur
I downloaded a copy of simcity 3000 for linux and when I install it using the sh setup.sh command it installs fine. The problem comes when I try to run the game. when ever I type sc3u which should run the game I get the warning

/usr/local/bin/sc3u: relocation error: /usr/local/bin/sc3u: symbol _dl_global_scope, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file ld-linux.so.2 with link time reference

I have no clue what this line is talking about. Can some one help me to get this working

Thanks DOCMUR
Robert83
Hi,

rpm -q glibc ,... what does it show ?

if nothing

yum install glibc
apt-get install glibc
(or use your distros installed to install glibc)

Sincerely
Robert B
docmur
I can't install using the INSTALL file. Here is how I installed it

[Docmur@Home]$ tar -x glibc.0.0.0
[Docmur@Home]$ cd glibc.0.0.0
[Docmur@Home]$ ./configure
bash permission denied.

the problem is that I can never use the ./configure once I hand CD'd to the file. I say's there no install.sh and there is no premission but just for fun I was doing this as root and myself several time. I can't get it to install please help.
Jim
take owner ship of the folder. If you un-tar it as a user that user should own it but go ahead and try to take ownership of the whole directory. This is how you do that if you aren't familiar.

chown -R username glibc.0.0.0

The -R makes it descend into the folder and sub folders and take ownership of all the files. Try that and see where it gets you, if you are still having problems try a ls -l and look at the permisions for the files, if you don't know how to read the table post a snippit and I will help you out.
docmur
Okay now I get a message saying I must be in a new build directory, please help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.