Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Internet Connection Sharing
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
etshooter
I have a small home network consisting of 4 different systems. I installed Madrake 9.0 on my main computer. This system has 2 ethernet cards, 1 for the LAN, 1 for a cable modem. Previously, I had Win2k on it and used it as a gateway for internet connection sharing. The other systems run win98 or win xp. Since I installed Linux, the other systems can't connect to the internet. I have gone through the ICS wizard in the Mandrake control center, but still no connection sharing. Does anybody have any helpful suggestions? I don't really even care about file sharing, I just need ICS to work so the rest of my family will quit giving me that dirty look when I boot Linux.
etshooter
Ok, I got it working. I went to mandrake control panel and ran configuration wizard. Set eth0 to auto IP/dhcp (this is connected to cable modem) set eth1 to static IP 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0. Set gateway address to 192.168.0.1 gateway device to eth0. Then went to ICS wizard expert mode and set Local Network address to 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0, DHCP server and DNS server to 192.168.0.1, and left everything else default.
I hope this helps anyone else out there with this problem. I can't believe I screwed this up to begin with.cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.