Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Realtek 8019 As Network Card
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
rwelch
I've just installed Redhat 7.0 on a PC that previously had Windows 98SE installed, but the installation couldn't find my network-card (RealTek8019 AS). I would much appriciate some help
chrisw
Probem: ISA Plug and Play NE2000 (such as RealTek 8019) is not detected.

Reason: The original NE2000 specification (and hence the linux NE2000 driver) does not have support for Plug and Play.

Solution: Use the DOS configuration disk that came with the card to disable PnP, and to set the card to a specified I/O address and IRQ. Add a line to /etc/conf.modules like options ne io=0xNNN where 0xNNN is the hex I/O address you set the card to. (This assumes you are using a modular driver; if not then use an ether=0,0xNNN,eth0 argument at boot). You may also have to enter the BIOS/CMOS setup and mark the IRQ as Legacy-ISA instead of PnP. Alternatively, if you need to leave PnP enabled for compatibility with some other operating system, then look into the isapnptools package. Try man isapnp to see if it is already installed on your system. If not, then have a look at the following URL:

ISA PNPTOOLS

i have never had to use isapnptools before...so i cant offer any assistance for it....but i hope the other info above will help....

yet joey has had some experience with isapnptools....
and tourrettes also i think....they might have more insight on it...

it pasted it from a search on the redhat site
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.