Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intervideo - Instant On - Isolinux 2.08
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Stoer
Hello all.
I'm totally new to linux and to be honest, clueless.
I have a Laptop that comes with an installation disk for Instant On from Intervideo.
Basically itís a media player, linux based, that means media files can be played without having to boot into Windows. Nice if you've networked your laptop with a pc and your stereo/tv for example.
Only thing is....
the only paperwork i've got is a users manual, very good detail on how to use the software once installed but no info over the installation process. The support desk from the supplier is also of little help.
Apparently i need a partition (unformatted) of at least 550mb and then just put the cd rom in and boot. Problem is, i've already got Windows up and running.
3 partitions already set up,
1) 15GB Windows xp pro
2) 55GB working space
3) 5 GB Backup image
I've tried creating another partition with P magic and then tried to install the Instant On from boot, but the installation stops after a few seconds with an error.
from boot up i get the following:....

Isolinux 2.08 .............
The installation screen with "Please select a language"
I've tried English and Dutch (same result as follows)
"There are some errors occurred during installation.
probably due to Incorrect system ID or Insufficient HDD Space.
Please try again"

I made 5GB free using partition magic. First as a linux partition and then as unallocated space. Both giving the same result... that the linux install starts ( from boot ), asks for a language choice and then stops giving the same error.
(I'm very unsure as to the parameters needed in setting up the linux partition - also Partition Magic suggests that i need to create a Linux swap file at the same time???)
I think that it needs an active partition and thus that it needs to be installed before windows... I'm not using a boot manager and Windows complains about setting another active partition. Frustrating because i really don't want to loose my present set up, it works nicely and i've just spent a week getting my home network up and running!
Was wondering if itís possible to make an image of my current system (using Acronis), wipe the C disk and then try installing first Instant On and then replacing the system image ( no idea if thatís possible L ).

Any tips/advice/help will be very welcome!
Thanks in advance, Stoer.
Stoer
Hi again,
I've spent a bit of time reading through the various guides and FAQ's posted here.
I'm guessing still, but is this purely a Linux partition issue, do i just need to set up the partition correctly? If so, any tips....please.
Stoer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.