Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Much Sound Trouble
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
raysr
Mandrake 9.2. I had a soundblaster live board installed and removed 3 days ago and my sound on Mandrake has been bad since then. OS XP-MDK 9.2 dual boot. Windows sound is fine. The "system sound" in MDK 9.2 seems stuck, like a drum over and over. RealPlayer crashes and it's audio is like a broken record. I been fighting this for days and can't seem to gain on it. I've reinstalled several times with no change. What am I missing?
Robert83
Hi,

what kind of sound card do you have now?

Sincerely
Robert B
raysr
Vendor: ‎VIA Technologies

Alternative drivers: ‎via82cxxx_audio

Bus: ‎PCI

Bus identification: ‎1106:3059:1019:a85

Location on the bus: ‎0:11:5

Description: ‎VT8233 [AC97 Audio Controller]

Module: ‎snd-via82xx

Media class: ‎MULTIMEDIA_AUDIO
raysr
It's really baffling. I got the system sound stopped but every other problem eludes me. Kaffeine crashes, real player files skip, xine works on pls and wax but not asf, win32 is installed. I can't understand what sent linux to hell by the installation and removal of a soundblaster card.
raysr
I get this when I run "alsaconf"
alsaconf
device_mode int, description "Device file permission mask for devfs."
which: no dialog in (/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin)
which: no whiptail in (/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin)
Error, dialog or whiptail not found.

I have no idea what that means.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.