Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Threat To Open Source Software
Linuxhelp > In The Community > General Discussion
DeadlyOats
Hello folks, I realize this is a little off topic, but I think it's very important subject that needs to be heard where ever there are people who use, write, and in general love Open Source Software.

An industry consortium called OASIS is going to enact new rules on 15 April 2005. These rules involve the use of software patents in OPEN STANDARDS. These rules will in effect prohibit the distribution of Open Source Software starting 15 April 2005.

Here is a link to the article that describes this issue, with an opportunity for those of you who love and want OSS to continue as it always has to put in your two cents on this issue.

Hello folks, I realize this is a little off topic, but I think it's very important subject that needs to be heard where ever there are people who use, write, and in general love Open Source Software.

An industry consortium called OASIS is going to enact new rules on 15 April 2005. These rules involve the use of software patents in OPEN STANDARDS. These rules will in effect prohibit the distribution of Open Source Software starting 15 April 2005.

Here is a link to the article that describes this issue, with an opportunity for those of you who love and want OSS to continue as it always has to put in your two cents on this issue.

http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=2...050222131432302
Corey
Down with software patents. As you can see by my sig, i'm a supporter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.