Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proxy And Partition Problems
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
mrstirs
Hey all!

I'm quite new to all this so please bear with me!

This is the second time I've had Linux up and running on my system - this time I want to give it a proper go!

Firstly, my system dual boots with XP. XP is installed on its own NTFS partition, and I have a separate FAT32 partition which holds all my media files. I want to mount one or other of these partitions so that I can access my media while in Linux...how do I go about this?

Secondly, in KDE, I've got my proxy settings set up in the Control Center, and I can browse the web ok (using Konqueror right now) - problem is, GAIM and any email client can't get past the proxy - why not?!

Lastly...I have a USB radio reciever plugged in - it is recognised by Linux (it is listed correctly in the control center) but I can't listen to it as I have no related software installed - any solution to this, considering the manufacturer's website has no Linux stuff?

Sorry to bore you all, but I hope you can give me a hand here!! cool.gif [FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]
Hemant
Well mounting the fat32 partition is easy..
cd /mnt
mkdir win1
mount -t vfat /dev/<drivename> /mnt/win1
enjoy at least this..
_________________________________________________-
enjoy
mrstirs
Thanks. But I don't know the drive name - I know it should be hda<number> but when I look at the list of partitions in Linux it doesn't show my fat32 or ntfs partitions mad.gif
Hemant
Well, what utility exactly u used.like disk managment ,in my case shows all the partition, though i haven't mounted all of the partitions.and there u can get the info about ur drive letter
like c: drive of windows should be most probably \dev\hda1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.