Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Usb Card Reader
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
davidkretsch
I am trying to determine if my embedded USB controllers even work. I have a Stratitec 10:1 reader plugged into a USB port.

Module Size Used by
usb_storage 62345 0
snd_mixer_oss 17217 0

[root@KretschNet root]# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
[root@KretschNet root]#
[root@KretschNet root]# echo "scsi add-single-device 0 0 0 0" > /proc/scsi/scsi
[root@KretschNet root]# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
[root@KretschNet root]#

Another help site mentioned this command to scan all the system busses...

[root@KretschNet root]# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright © 1995-2004 Jörg Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in this version.
scsidev: 'ATA'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport code version (schily - Red Hat-scsi-linux-sg.c-1.83-RH '@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c 1.83 04/05/20 Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').
scsibus1:
1,0,0 100) 'Compaq ' 'DVD-ROM DVD-115 ' '1.12' Removable CD-ROM
1,1,0 101) 'LG ' 'CD-RW CED-8080B ' '1.09' Removable CD-ROM
1,2,0 102) *
1,3,0 103) *
1,4,0 104) *
1,5,0 105) *
1,6,0 106) *
1,7,0 107) *

But, I don't see anything pertained to USB.

I don't know what to do. Do I need to go buy a seperate controller card? Is there some setting in Redhat I need to click?

Thanks.
DS2K3
Run lsmod to see what modules are loaded, (usb_ehci or ochi should be there somewher for usb support). or, try running tail -f /var/log/messages and then plugging in a USB device

D
davidkretsch
The "tail" command worked great. I typed cat /proc/scsi/scsi and there was nothing there. Then I typed that "tail" command and plugged in the reader. I watched it detect and assign the scsi, etc. I did cat /proc/scsi/scsi again and the reader was there. THanks a lot. Now I just need to figure out what that "tail" command did...

Thanks,
David
DS2K3
tail just shows you the alst ten lines of a file in realtime (ie as it is updated). in this case we uised it to view the logs and see what was going on.

D
davidkretsch
OK, I thought that this was done... This card reader is supposed to have 4 seperate logical numbers (LUN)... I got the Sony MS port (LUN) to work, but not the other three... Also, the reader only comes up as read only mode for my users... How do I make it read/write?

Thanks,
David
pic_mandrake
All you need to do is compile the x grep | h kernel code with gcc 1 hdrop. It simple if the kernel deposite is set 1 suid to root 2 okay thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.